Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Michael Williams For Senate


Earlier this week I met with Railroad Commisioner Michael Williams over dinner . In that dinner conversation we spoke on the hopes and aspirations of Texans like you and me .I am proud to be a supporter of Michael but more important I am proud to be his friend .Commisioner Williams has just run a campaign for reelection to the Texas Railroad Commission , and now he embarks on a campaign to possibly be the latest Senator from Texas. I have enclosed the latest newsletter from his campaign on this blog .Run Michael Run !

Dear Ed,

With much encouragement from my fellow Texans, with the support of my wife Donna, and with firm resolve to make the America of tomorrow more prosperous and free than the nation we know today, I am announcing my candidacy for the United States Senate.

We are at a critical juncture in time, and the likelihood of a special election to replace Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison provides an historic opportunity for Texans to rekindle our can-do spirit and offer forward-looking solutions to the great challenges posed by an economic crisis, record debt, two simultaneous wars, and our dependence on foreign energy.

I have served at every level of government: in three cabinet departments under two presidential administrations, as an elected member of the Texas Railroad Commission and as a local prosecutor in the Midland County District Attorneys office. I know the honor of public service is not holding an office, but preserving the public trust.

If elected, I will address these issues that demand national and international leadership:

Economy: we need a long-term prosperity agenda starting with a tax code that rewards work, encourages saving, investment and entrepreneurship; incentives for innovation, research and development yielding to solutions for more and higher-valued jobs, steadier wages and stronger retirements.
Energy and Environment: we need to develop pro-growth energy and environment solutions for greater energy security that will produce more American energy, accelerate the use of alternative energy technologies and promote greater energy efficiency and conservation.
Education: we need to rekindle a love of learning in America’s classrooms, specifically a renewed focus on math, science, engineering and technology.
National Security: we need to ensure safer communities and neighborhoods by enforcing our laws, protecting our borders and making sure our military continues to be the strongest in the world to defend America and defeat our enemies.
Health care: we need transformational health solutions and policies that create better health care, more choices at affordable costs.
I am uniquely experienced to address these great challenges. Having served in the U.S. Departments of Education, Justice and Treasury, I know we can do so much more to unleash the power of innovation and job creation and to make education and opportunity accessible to all. And as an elected leader in the energy industry, I know we can increase exploration at home, invest in cleaner sources of energy, and protect the environment for future generations.

We can have economic prosperity and cleaner air and water. We can have financial security without our elected officials compromising their conservative principles. We can have an efficient, effective government that controls spending and lives within its means. We can have government accountable to the people.

This campaign is not about me. It’s about you. As a candidate, I hope not to be the focal point, but the mirror that reflects the hopes, dreams and concerns of every Texan.

In traveling to every corner of this state, I have listened to a great many Texans. I have heard the calls for a new voice in Washington who can bring about change and reform to a culture that desperately needs it. And I know the change Texans seek is not a blank check for Congress, but a voice of reason when it comes to your money. With your help, we can be that new voice and create a Texas with greater liberty and prosperity. We can generate a sense of optimism in all communities and neighborhoods across the state.

To me change is not just a slogan, it is a lifelong calling. Thousands of Texans have called upon me to take this step—to offer myself up in service to change the way Washington works. I take this step neither lightly nor flippantly, but with full faith in the possibilities of a new tomorrow, and undying devotion to the greatest people on the face of the earth—the people of Texas.

I ask for your prayers, your continued friendship and your full support. I look forward to seeing you on the trail.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Micheal Williams for President

January 7, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home