Friday, October 24, 2008

Keeping Up With Bobby Brown


During the 80's two of the best of dancers on the planet was my brother Stephan Gray and the front man for the pop group New Edition , Bobby Brown . Stephan is pictured with Bobby Brown and girlfriend Deirdre at a recent outing in Dallas.
Years have gone by and I have seen my brother dance, he appears to have lost a step. I guess we all get that way as we mature , but sometimes its hanging in there that makes you a champion. Bobby Brown truly has had his up and downs in the years , among them a career that blossomed and then faded. Bobby has dealt with some inner demons that have plagued him ,and he continues to battle them. The below video interview is remarkable and candid assessment of an man's life and career. In the interview he speaks about Whitney and his drug usage. Much respect Bobby, and my prayers are with you.

I enjoyed the television show "Being Bobby Brown " , the television series humanized Bobby and portrayed him in a more favorable light. Meanwhile New Edition and BBD have matured to an old school classic entertainment fixture for us grown folks. Good music never fades it gets better over time.
Check this classic music video blog from the Ghostbuster II soundtrack.I wonder if my brother challenged him to a dance off , to bad the dance off contest did not back in the day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you talking about Mr. Gray? I still can dance a matter of fact Beyonce' wanted me to a back up dancer for her. I told her that I was to busy. Meeting B. Brown was GREAT, he's a cool guy. I just think that Bob is misunderstood.
;-)B. Brown performed four of his hits and sounded great. Oh and he was sober...

October 25, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home