Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mid Week Jazz Revue : Kirk Whalum


Here is some music to break you away from the chaos of Wall Street and the presidential campaign. Many years ago ,I met Kirk Whalum at the greatest jazz venue in Texas. If you never been to the Caravan of Dreams you missed a treat.I saw many musicians up and close and personal there ,legends such as Dizzy , Kirk ,Jonathan Butler,Pieces of a Dream and many more .
Kirk stands out as my favorite jazz musician.I still have his autographed bible scripture inscription on one of ticket stubs.Whalum helped me get an A in my progressive jazz class at SMU ,his interview with me sealed the deal with my professor. I enjoyed was that class , good times and good music were had by all.
Kirk Whalum is a class act all the way ,enjoy the sounds of Kirk Whalum and friends : Boney James ,Kenny Garret , George Duke , close your eyes and you are with me at the Caravan .


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother Ed,
Finally got a chance to go thru the website. Enjoyed the variety.

November 2, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home