Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Where Did Our Mustaches Go !


In my teen years I couldn't wait to grow a mustache. The mustache meant that I was grown,it gave my entree into a world where men and their mustaches never parted .In the black culture most men have mustaches .Up until President Obama, I can't think of any prominent black person that didn't have a mustache. Ok,I will give you O.J.

I have had my mustache since I was sixteen and I enjoyed it.I guess I was trying to look older.I finally shaved it off after 30 years, because I was older.I guess now,I am trying to look younger.Now there is a lot of men that are also shaving off their mustaches.The other day while watching basketball,I noticed that Kurt Rambis formerly of the Los Angeles Lakers has shaved his off.

Well I hope he is trying to look younger. I thank we both are looking to slow down the hands of time , but time keeps marching on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mister Skaggs said...

I was a child of the 70's, nothing was more manly than facial hair. I grew up seeing mutton chops, full beards and mustaches of all types. Charlie Finley payed the Oakland A's players 1,000.0 each to grow mustaches. The 1972 World Series was called the Hairs vs the Squares. The Cincinnati Reds were hairless, what teenager wanted to be a square? I know I didn't.

October 31, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home