Friday, September 10, 2010

911


911 ....
The name conjures up images and words,often times disjointed.Our nation was one that terrrible late summer day. We in our innocence and false security were ushered into a world of universal terror. We shall never forget those images.
Images - Looking at a surreal movie of thought ,action,heroism.For once athletes and singers are not heroes,but fireman and policemen are heroes.Images- We are not black or white - We are Americans. Americans walking aimlessly to get home.The simple things in life.Tuesday...Nothing never happens on Tuesday.



Thoughts
Thinking strange thoughts.How can two buildings be attacked? Who did it?
Will there be more?
Thinking....
They hit Washington D.C. my birthplace .Thinking ....Is my family okay?
Does Joe work at the Pentagon ? I can't call DC , the lines are overloaded.
Thinking ...Thats DC and NYC , I live in Dallas.
How can this all be? Thinking....We have tall buildings in Dallas too, are we next ?


Action
The cowards of humanity will never succeed when God is with us ! Emmanuel.
The passengers of United Airlines Flight 93 ...
Ask that the Lord's Prayer is recited with them before they foil the deeds of the terrorists against America. No,it's the terrorists who strike humanity.My humanity trumps my nationality.

Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Rachell said...

I remember being in downtown at work and I was listening to 102.9 and the DJ said that the US was under attack. I was glued to my chair. I called my family and I noticed creepiness in downtown. By noon downtown seemed silent. I was scared and confused and worried and in disbelief. In my arrogance I thought, "why would someone attack America?"........

September 10, 2010 at 10:15 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Ed, I on my way to class in my 1973 F-100 with AM only radio. I remember thinking no way is this possibly, its got to be one of "War of the World" kinda stories. When I made it to class(30 min late), we tried to convince my German teacher that something was going on and she told us we were all crazy. It wasnt till my second class(Government) that we got to see the news confirmed.

My first Reaction was pure shock...My second was we need to need to go where ever we need to go, find whoever we need to find, and revoke there permit to breath...My third was I want to help revoke that permit.....

September 11, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home