Sunday, August 22, 2010

Gospel Sunday :Carnell Murrell


Carnell Murrell is a gifted individual that I have known for over 30 years .We were high school classmates at David W. Carter High School in Dallas,Texas.He was gifted then ,in fact we called him "Peabo" after the popular singer at that time Peabo Bryson.I remember talking to him when we were both children and sharing our thoughts on the Lord. We had similar upbringings in our faith,and what I noticed about him was a spirit.A spirit of kindness,a spirit of humility,a God given spirit that was rare for someone his age.
Through the years we lost contact,it is through the magic of social networking and you tube I bring to you his testimony.

Carnell and myself recently shared a conversation about our mothers. A mother's love is only eclipsed by the love of God . "Because of Him" ....

From back in the day.We hear Carnell testi-sing.That's a new word. I will be placing it in wiki-pedia this week.
Carnell and the DFW Mass Choir sing of a " Joy Unspeakable".

Once we realize we can't control, we need to let God be in control ,our lives will be better.
We leave you with a cut from Carnell Murrell and the Lilly Mack Singers "You Are God".Be careful and Be Blessed.We will see you next week if God says the same.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Karen B. Hayes said...

I've known Carnell since elementary school. But it was in high school that I noticed his talent and creativity. I used to stand next to the piano and listen as he tickled those black and ivory keys and then add some lyrics that seemed to come right out of the blue! I knew then that God had a plan for him!

I also admired how he did not strive to be like the other students, or strive to be the most popular. So for me, that put him at the top of my personal most popular list.

August 22, 2010 at 2:39 PM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

This was a nice feature of Carnell Murrell!

August 27, 2010 at 7:20 PM  
Anonymous Greg Chapman said...

Thank you Ed for sharing gospel Sunday with me ,Carnell love you man,keep doing! God Will !!!

September 7, 2010 at 6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home