Friday, April 30, 2010

Jazzy Friday : Kirk Whalum

Jazzy Friday's is back from its hiatus .We bring you the best in jazz.My favorite artist is Kirk Whalum.The saxman from Memphis Tennessee is the baddest sax player in the last 20 years.I do not miss a concert when he shows up in Dallas.Kirk is always on top of his game - that's "All I Do ".


One Thing about a Kirk Whalum concert is that he always took time to meet with his friends.I have met him three times and he has always been a generous with his time and his conversation,he truly enjoys talking to people and loves what he does.One of the first hits he had was "The Wave "here is the newest version of his classic.The seat isn't the best,but the music is....


Kirk Whalum is an accomplished jazzman but most of all he is a man of God.I have known Kirk to witness to his fans publicly and privately.One of my favorite Kirk Whalum memory is the signed ticket that he gave me of one of his favorite bible verses.Kirk told me that "The Promise" was God's promise for salvation for mankind. Here is "The Promise".


The first time I heard Whitney Houston in concert@ Reunion Arena in 1986 was when she toured with the late Luther Vandross.In that tour was Kirk Whalum who played in her band.Kirk has now ascended to the higher echelons of music,and in tribute to him this weeks Jazzy Friday artist is Kirk Whalum in "Ascension".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home