Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Revival of Faith

I have traveled back home to the city of my birth ,Washington D.C. As always I am humbled by the majesty of the greatest country in the world. God has blessed this country with bountiful blessings in talent and resources.I have spent this past week traveling to the Virginia countryside and walking the path my ancestors walked . My family has paid the price and we long have made claim to this country as our birthright. My foreparents literally witnessed the surrendering of Lee to Grant @ Appomattox ,and then almost 100 years later walked with Dr. King on the March on Washington.Every one hundred years my family has witnessed the birth of freedom in this country. Today as I read the Washington Post in Prince Georges County , Maryland ,the most prosperous black county in America ,I remain astounded by the fact that in 100 days, the country will decide whether a black man will be the President of the United States.
Whether we are Democrat or Republican ,liberal or conservative,one thing we all can say, "Only in America", this could happen no where else. My trip to DC this past week has served as a revival of faith,not just faith in my country but faith in my family as well.For both,family and country, we will all perservere as we have always done. We remain rooted in the knowledge of our past,hope for the future,and a deep belief and trust in God Almighty .God Bless America. God Bless us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home