Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day : Tribute To American Heroes


Memorial Day for many is a day off work to BBQ . For others such as me it is a solemn day to thank all those Americans who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. My grand father served in World War II , and my father served during the Viet Nam Conflict .
They both came back , with no war stories to enthrall my youth , but with quiet reflection of what had occurred during their service .
Let us think of the soldiers who now serve in Afghanistan and Iraq. Some of these patriots will return back home as my father did chastened by war,and remembrances of those who did not return. For each soldier that returns ,he leaves a part of himself on the battlefield .For those who did not return ,today is for them .Because of their sacrifice of yesteryear ,we Americans have a tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home