Saturday, June 27, 2009

The King of Pop Michael Jackson 1958-2009


The news stunned me,just like everyone else.Michael Jackson is dead at 50.I grew up with Michael Jackson, not in a literal sense but in a figurative sense.I remember being in the first grade ,and all the kids at my elementary school singing "I want you back" and the boys pretending to be Michael or Marlon. All the girls in my 3rd grade class wanted to be Michael Jackson's girlfriend.As a consequence most of the boys either wanted to be Michael or was jealous of him.
Years later as I graduated from high school and was "Off the wall" and began my adulthood as a"Thriller ",the music of Michael Jackson was there.From good times and bad,you could count on Michael Jackson to entertain you.
My oldest child is approaching 30 years old ,and she has never known a day when Michael was not newsworthy or on the sound tracks of the time.Michael Jackson has passed ,and he now belongs to the ages, his music will never pass. Michael Jackson ,we all,” Remember the time",thanks for the memories.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Darrell Young said...

Does anyone else remember the day that The Jackson 5 came to Oak Cliff, TX? Good times...and one of my fondest memories. I fought through the crowd after running four blocks up to the shopping center at Beckley and Kiest Ave only to be disappointed by being too small to see past the Black Hornets Biker Gang but I was excited to know that they would also be making an appearance at Singing Hills Recreation Center where I would get a glimpse of the future King of Pop...Goood Times indeed.

July 7, 2009 at 3:40 PM  
Anonymous Janelle said...

OK, so I may be too young to remember when it first came out, but I remember watching the video a few years later in the upstairs room of my mema/daddy's house, while sitting in the swivel chair on the blue carpet. :) I remember being so scared...yet entertained at the same time. I guess I loved choreography at an early age. Daddy had to get me out of the closet, "It's not real, poo." LOL I didn't even recall that memory until I watched "Thriller" again, today. I know I'm late, but I just reached the final stage of grief: Acceptance. RIP the King. Gone, but the thread of your talent remains stitched, today and forever, in the fabric of our culture and era.

July 11, 2009 at 5:18 PM  
Anonymous Kenneth said...

This is very good like the videos, great memories.

July 17, 2009 at 10:14 PM  
Anonymous Stacey said...

Thank you Ed !

July 25, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home